Thursday 30 August 2007

And The First to Speak Is.....

... A Lady called Rita.

The Dead cling effortlessly onto their christian names. It has after all, defined them throughout their entire lifetime. Surnames are dispensable, however - it bears no significance whatsoever in the afterlife.

Rita's voice came to me as I lay on my bed. She spoke softly and indistinctly at first. She simply said 'Thank you for listening." I instantly jolted out of my lying position with a fright. "It's okay," she continued, "I've decided to speak because the reception is at it's clearest right now."

I attempted to ask question after question, but it appeared she was unable to hear me. I was merely a device through which she could speak. In fact, I believed she had no clue I was a person at all. From approximately 7 O'Clock in the morning until 10a.m. she was "switching" in and out of me, and she sounded as though she was enjoying her time too.

The next entry will be Rita's words as I wrote them down. After twenty minutes, I realised this voice had a lot yet to say, and I knew everybody would want to hear it, including you.

No comments: