Tuesday 4 September 2007

Rita: In her words

I found myself here and I lost sight of myself for what felt like days, though time seems irrelevant now. I am very much at ease with my transition. I am aware I have passed on, and I am pleased because I know it was my time.

What I see here are colours, vivid colours that lift me. I think these colours hold the key to past memories which I am unable to unlock but I am still happy because I feel them - and I feel them stronger than anything else. It's as though these feelings of memories have built me to where I am now.

I actually find myself walking down a street sometimes and towards a red door, then in a blink I am at another place. I am wandering a lot, it seems. When you're here, you tend to wander, without the need to know where you're going. You really do float, I can tell you! (she laughs)

There are many many people here, an abundance of people in fact. We exchange greetings, we converse - and we actually know each other from a simple glance; I mean really understand one another. I can only assume we look the same as we did in our lifetime - although, there is a haze that surrounds us now. Our features seem to be exaggerated amid this haze. It's a golden haze that disguises our age -quite gladly in my view! (laughing)

I found myself here, talking to you. You appear to me as a cloud, you know. Something very peculiar about you though - you are willing me to speak - and I have to admit, my will to speak is strong.

Those are some of her words. The rest, of which there is much more, I have written down for future publication. More voices from the dead will be posted to this blog shortly...

No comments: